number of actual frame

Jason Gerard DeRose jderose at novacut.com
Thu Apr 5 06:45:12 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 7:16 AM, padam <skaromana at wp.pl> wrote:

> Jason, i know that first a get i number in nanoseconds, but how i can get
> this number, this is the most important question! I will work with AVI,
> MSMPEG4 and MP3. Meybe more, not less.

Well, there are a few slightly different ways you can query the total
duration, I've got a Python example here, but there are probably better
examples:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dmedia/dmedia/trunk/view/head:/dmedia-extract#L79

To get the timestamp of an individual frame, the only way I've done that is
in a "handoff" handler for a fakesink element, Python example on line 179:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~novacut/novacut/trunk/view/head:/novacut-thumbnailer#L179

I'm not sure there's a very easy way to do this during normal playback,
though. Anyone have any ideas?