support for 10 bit bayer sensor

Jayakrishnan jkvr84 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 03:06:31 PDT 2012

Hi,
I am trying to interface omnivision sensor ov5650 to pandaboard. I am able
to capture images using some c code. However I am unable to use v4l2src of
gstreamer to capture video from the sensor.
The error i am getting is "unable to negotiate format"
The sensor outputs video data in 10 bit bayer format. I came to know that
v4l2src supports 8 bit bayer. Is there some way, I can capture the video
(even in wrong format, I will correct it somewhere in pipeline) using
v4l2src?