Collecting Video From Camera

Rafael Guerra rafael at lanline.com
Wed Apr 11 18:33:12 PDT 2012

I am currently collecting video from an IP camera and have a couple of
questions that

Hopefully someone can help me with.

Fist here is the command that I am currently using to collect :

gst-launch souphttpsrc location=http://guest:@96.57.244.98/videostream.cgi
num-buffers=76000 ! multipartdemux ! jpegdec ! videorate !
video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=5/1 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! x264enc ! flvmux !
filesink location=/home/lanline/windows/videos/96.57.244.98_video.flv

This is working but I have a couple of questions and issues :

1)      The time collected is not uniform. By using number of buffers the
play time of the file is not uniform, I believe because the speed and number
of

frames does not remain constant. I would like to have the collection stop
after 9 minutes no matter how many frames have been collected.

Is there a way to do this ?

2)      Above I am creating a .flv file and I would like to change it to a
.mov file that would play on an ipad. Which from what I have read is only
h256 .mov files.

Any input on this would be appreciated ?

3)      I am not sure why the file that I generate is very large. For
example a 9 minute flv file is around 110 megs. This seams large to me.

Is this the expected size ? I am running the software on a FreeBSD server.

Rafael Guerra