Reducing pipeline delay

Steve Cookson steve.cookson at sca-uk.com
Thu Apr 12 18:42:40 PDT 2012

Hi guys,

I have a data capture card which I wish to be real-time.  However it has a
delay of about .5 sec, which is too much.  0.1 secs would be better.  It
needs to be imperceptible.  I'm not sure which delays come from the card,
which from the computer and which come from programmed buffer delays in the
pipeline.

Is there a command or value I can set (like buffering = '0')  or something
which would allow me to minimise any delay in the pipeline?

Or any other ideas of sources of delays and things I could do to minimise
them?

Thanks

Steve