video scaling inside decoder plugin

souvikg souvikg at alumnux.com
Thu Apr 12 20:16:38 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am very much new to gstreamer. I have a hardware decoder and using a
plugin to decode through the h/w. My H/w also have the post processing
capabilities like scaling and so I want to use this feature from my plugin.
I checked the videoscale plugin code and it looks that I need to overwrite
the set_caps method of the BaseTransformClass to have the media window
resize information at runtime. So I need to have both the GstElementClass
and BaseTransformClass at the _class_init function. Please let me know what
should be the type and parent class element in the BOILERPLATE. Any kind of
link/ example source will be very much helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Regards