Video mixer pipeline missing when audio is added

Richard tuxbox.guru at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 13:56:53 PDT 2012

Hi All,

Just when I thought I could start coding the next gremlin occurs

gst-launch -e videomixer name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! mpeg2enc !
mpegtsmux name=mux ! filesink location=/tmp/a.ts videotestsrc
pattern=1 ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=10,height=10,framerate=20/1 !
videorate ! videoscale ! videobox border-alpha=0 top=0 left=0 ! mix.
filesrc location=BBC1_DVBS.ts ! decodebin name=demux ! videoscale !
video/x-raw-yuv, width=320,height=288 ! videorate ! mix. demux. !
queue ! audioconvert ! lame bitrate=64 ! mux.

The above is the command that resizes the MPEG.TS stream and
videomixes SNOW on the top of the picture (this is later to be
replaced with an image)... and then adds the audio track.
Theoretically quite simple but in the above command does not show the
PiP SNOW when the audio track is added. If I remove the audio pipeline
then PiP works (but obviously without audio)

I dont understand why adding the audio track to the MPEGTSMUX the
VideoTestSrc pipeline does not work.

Any ideas?

Richard