Audio rate problems

Garth Tissington gtissington at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 22:59:37 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am a complete Gstreamer new.  Please forgive me if this is a common
question.  I found many other "audio synchronization" posts on this
list-serve but none of the offered answers seems to address my problem.

My pipe line is simply trying to mux an audiotestsrc with a videotestsrc
and output to a filesink.

videotestsrc num-buffers=150  ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=1920, height=1080 !
   timeoverlay ! videorate ! queue ! xvidenc ! avimux name=mux mux.
      ! filesink sync=true location=new.avi
audiotestsrc num-buffers=150 !
  queue ! audioconvert ! audiorate ! mux.

   - new.avi is produced.
   - Video is exactly 5 seconds long as expected
   - Audio is about 3.5 seconds long and the remaining 1.5 seconds is
   slient.

What am I missing here?  I've tried every combination of sync=""
properties, etc.

Thanks very much in advance

Garth Tissington
250 891 4797
---

Given sufficient thrust pigs fly just fine.