[0.11] gst-plugins-gl: search and replace compatability with 1.0

Matthew Waters ystreet00 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 10:14:14 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I have completed the search and replace part of porting gst-plugins-gl
to the 1.0 API.
It is available here:
https://github.com/ystreet/gstreamer-plugins-gl

The next step is actually getting the memory/buffer management working
which I have done some preliminary work on.  From what I can gather from
the design docs this is my understanding of what the new framework in
plugins-gl should look like.

GstGLMemory - aka texture id. (also there's glBuffer* stuff in gl that
might be useful although it's only available in GL >= 1.5)
GstGLMeta - carries the information about the texture such as
framebuffer it is/isn't attached to, the gl context, width, height,
color conversion mode, shaders, etc.
GstGLBufferPool - essentially manages the creation and deletion of
textures and setting the GstGLMeta on each buffer.

Thoughts?