How to get pointer to a gstBuffer with QtGSTreamer

pfarmer flacone at gmx.de
Tue Apr 17 02:22:17 PDT 2012

Hello,
How can I get a pointer to a gstBuffer with QtGSTreamer?

I want to combine a 3D rendering library with GStreamer. In order to display
some 2D video content in the rendering frame i need the following image data
format:
RGBRGBRGB... each letter is one byte; which corresponds to the following
GStreamer caps:

Thus I would like to have something like the following pipeline:

The Apllicationsink may look like this:

This is adopted from the
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/qt-gstreamer/html/examples_2appsink-src_2main_8cpp-example.html
appsink-src example . But in there the BufferPtr retunred from pullBuffer()
is simple passed to pushbuffer().
m_src->pushBuffer(pullBuffer()). Thus no casting nesessary there.

Does the
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/qt-gstreamer/html/classQGlib_1_1RefPointer.html#a686e44f803afc1551ad0ab04ac620d39
wrap  function of the BufferPtr would help in this case? If, then how could
I use it?
Any help/suggestions on how to achive the functions described in the
comments of MySink::newBuffer() would be very appriciated.

The 3D rendering library is
http://doc.coin3d.org/Coin-3.1/classSoImage.html Coin3D .