RTSP comunication problem

Federico Zamperini fzamperini at tiscali.it
Wed Apr 18 01:02:55 PDT 2012

Il 17/04/2012 22:18, Rossana Guerra ha scritto:
> Hello, I've been trying with the example code that comes with
> gts_rtsp_server.
> The port 8554 is open and listening, so it seems to be ok, but I can't
> emit anything.
>
> This is my procedure:
>
> 1. from console I rune test-video, test-ogg, from
> 2.a. I open VLC, I set it to receive rstp protocol and then I set the
> URL, rstp://192.168.1.2/test <http://192.168.1.2/test>
> It can't open the location, nothing is seen neither video signal nor
> .ogg file

Try first with the test-video example (a video test pattern with a tone
as soundtrack).
Then use the vlc messages window to diagnose client side errors (Tools >
Messages, set verbosity level to 2 in the left bottom corner)
You can also run the test with the option --gst-debug 3 (or higher) to
see gst messages (beware: it may be very verbose).
You can also try to run test-uri:

./test-uri file://<path to file>

In my case VLC (live555) doesn't like (actually doesn't understand) the
rtp packet format for an ogv video. It plays ok with a flv downloaded
from youtube with test-uri.
Hope it helps.
Cheers

Federico