issues with connection between omx_h264dec and videomixer plugins in panda board

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 06:38:21 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Deep Shah <deep.shah at sibridgetech.com> wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I am trying to connect omx_h264dec ( H264 hardware accelerator decoder for
> panda board ) to videomixer plugin. I need to connect four RTSP streams to
> videomixer through hardware accelerator plugin of decoder.
>
> I am trying to play below pipeline
>
> rtspsrc location=rtsp://id:passwd@192.168.255.1:8554/uri ! rtph264depay !
> h264parse access-unit=true ! omx_h264dec ! ffmpegcolorspace ! videomixer !
> v4l2sink
>
> But I am not able to run this pipeline. Can anyone please help me out for
> the same?

Maybe it's related to the caps negotiation; there's bytstream and avc
formats. These are sort of new (at least with regards to gst-openmax),
so AFAIK they have not been implemented there. You might want to force
the caps, or hack the code to specify one or the other; your hardware
might work only with bytestream for example.

Also, it's usually useful to split the pipeline; say, receive the data
from the payloader and save it to a file, and then try different
pipelines to decode it.

Cheers.

--
Felipe Contreras