Problem with ffdec_mxpeg

lestoilfante lestoilfante at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 22:29:43 PDT 2012

Hello, I have the following pipeline with the attached fail report, I
think some kind of element is missing in my pipeline. My goal is to be
able to play a live mxpeg stream from a mobotix camera but I really
can't find any documentation about that, any help is very appreciated.

Thank you

gst-launch-0.10 souphttpsrc
location=http://68.232.253.196/control/faststream.jpg?stream=MxPEG\&fps=25
! ffdec_mxpeg ! xvimagesink

Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/ffdec_mxpeg:ffdec_mxpeg0:
Internal GStreamer error: negotiation problem.  Please file a bug at
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GStreamer.
Additional debug info:
gstffmpegdec.c(2804): gst_ffmpegdec_chain ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/ffdec_mxpeg:ffdec_mxpeg0:
ffdec_mxpeg: input format was not set before data start
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...