URL song not playing through Gstreamer

Stefan Sauer ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Aug 2 07:44:00 PDT 2012

On 07/27/2012 08:52 AM, pankaj.sharma11 at wipro.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have developed a GStreamer application to play a song. And the
> application is able to play a song by giving:-
> 1. Local path of song(song is in same the desktop where application
> resides)
> 2. Internet radio URL.
> But it is not able to play the song if a song URL is given. Following
> is the error which is as follows:-
>
> MPE::CGstreamerEngine::EventListener= 8192
> MPE::CGstreamerEngine::EventListener= 64
> MPE::CGstreamerEngine::EventListener= 8192
> (<unknown>:6253): GLib-GIO-WARNING **:
> g_simple_async_result_complete() called from wrong context!
>
> MPE::CGstreamerEngine::EventListener= 2
> Playback Error: Cannot connect to destination (205.196.121.248)
>
> MPE::CGstreamerEngine::EventListener= 2
> Playback Error:
> "http://205.196.121.248/4iqe45svopmg/oaibclillt8bb03/01.+Shantir+Chhele+from+Om+Shanti+%282012%29+-+%5Bwww.Mp3Kolkata.Com%5D.mp3":
> Cannot connect to destination (205.196.121.248)

gst-launch playbin2
uri=http://205.196.121.248/4iqe45svopmg/oaibclillt8bb03/01.+Shantir+Chhele+from+Om+Shanti+%282012%29+-+%5Bwww.Mp3Kolkata.Com%5D.mp3

=> A text/html decoder plugin is required to play this stream, but not
installed.

This returns a html page with a redirect. You will need to handle that
from your application. gstreamer does not handle html.

Stefan