Fail when Build GStreamer With MinGW And Msys

mingqian Han mq_han at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 3 00:50:06 PDT 2012

Hi all,
    I am now porting some Gstreamer applications from Linux to Windows.  Because I hacked some Gstreamer elements so I need to build these elements for Win32 platform.
    I followed instructions from http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/SettingUpMinGWMSysEnvironment to setup environment. But when I went to step : install git, it failed with following errors:

xmlto: /src/mingw/git-1.7.4-2/bld/Documentation/git-add.xml does not validate (status 3)
xmlto: Fix document syntax or use --skip-validation option
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
d:/project/gst/src/mingw/git-1.7.4-2/bld/Documentation/git-add.xml:2: warning: failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-

open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
D DocBook XML V4.5//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
                                                                               ^
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd
warning: failed to load external entity "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
Could not load the external subset "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd"
Document d:/project/gst/src/mingw/git-1.7.4-2/bld/Documentation/git-add.xml does not validate
make[1]: *** [git-add.1] Error 13
make[1]: Leaving directory `/src/mingw/git-1.7.4-2/bld/Documentation'
make: *** [doc] Error 2
failure at line 251

    I can access http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/docbookx.dtd in my web browser without error, so I don't know why it failed to load network entity. All the previous steps in the Wiki performs well on my machine.
    Could anyone give me a hand ? Thank you!

Rafael