rtmpsink segfault

David Régade dregade at viewsurf.com
Wed Aug 8 09:22:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

I use gstreamer to stream to rtmp server via rtmpsink. When a network failure
appens (dsl line reset) I destroy my pipeline and create a new one. Sometimes,
my application segfaults in render function on:

if (!RTMP_IsConnected (sink->rtmp))

because sink->rtmp is null.

There are some call performed on render after the first one who failed to
RTMP_Connect and so destroys sink->rtmp.

I think some test have to be done to avoid such situation.
tcpclientsink uses

   g_return_val_if_fail (GST_OBJECT_FLAG_IS_SET (sink, GST_TCP_CLIENT_SINK_OPEN),
       GST_FLOW_WRONG_STATE);

to check if render can be performed. start and stop use the same flag to check
connection status.
multifdsink use same technique.

I'm not a gstreamer expert, what's the best way to solve my segfault problem ?

Regards