Issues with rtpmp2tpay

Peter Witkowski pwitkowski at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 18:20:31 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am currently having issues with some gstreamer code that I inherited from
a colleague who has moved onto greener pastures.  Specifically, I am having
issues with implementing RTP.

The following pipeline works and sends the required packets over UDP
multicast.  Note that my syntax may or may not be exact since I do not have
the code in front of me at the moment.

appsrc ! video/x-mpegts ! udpsink host=<MULTICAST ADDRESS> port=<port>

Here is the RTP pipeline that is causing the issue.  Namely, I get the
not-linked (-1) error for the appsrc.

appsrc ! video/x-mpegts ! rtpmp2tpay ! udpsink host=<MULTICAST ADDRESS>
port=<port>

Note that the only difference is the addition of the rtmp2tpay element.
Any thoughts as to why this does not work?

Thanks in advance for the help.

--
Peter Witkowski
pwitkowski at gmail.com