Streaming to vlc

Mazahir Poonawalla mazahir.poonawalla at ideaforge.co.in
Thu Aug 16 00:41:08 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I am having troubles streaming video to vlc player. Please help.

I am using leopard board to stream composite In video with gstreamer. I use
the following plugin:

gst-launch -v -e v4l2src always-copy=FALSE input-src=composite
chain-ipipe=true ! video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)NV12, width=640,
height=480 ! queue ! dmaiaccel ! dmaienc_h264 encodingpreset=2
ratecontrol=2 intraframeinterval=23 idrinterval=46 targetbitrate=3000000 !
rtph264pay ! udpsink port=3000 host=192.168.1.102 sync=false
enable-last-buffer=false

I have created an sdp file on my client side:

v=0
o=- 2110055936 1 IN IP4 192.168.1.102
s=Gstreamer
i=Streaming via network test
c=IN IP4 192.168.1.101
t=0 0
a=type:broadcast
m=video 3000 RTP/AVP 96
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000

when I double click on this file in vlc, nothing is being played. Though I
feel something is being received because when I check the message window, I
get the following warning:

packetizer_h264 warning: waiting for SPS/PPS

Can any one please help as to what is going wrong? What changes I need to
make in my SDP file.

--

Thank you & Regards,****

*Mazahir Poonawalla*****