qtgstreamer build issues - Win32

Dinesh Kumar dineshkpadmanaban at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 05:51:39 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am not sure, if this is the right forum for this question. I could not
find any other related forum for qtgstreamer related queries.

I have compiled gstreamer for win32 following the procedure
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/BuildGStreamerWithMinGWAndMsys
I have used precompiled binaries for all the packages, except gstreamer as
I have modified the source.
I can able to run gst-launch successfully.

I have compiled qtgstreamer following the procedure
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/QtGStreamer/BuildingOnWindows.  I had
issues in CMake finding my gstreamer installation path, since msys
environment build system did not generate .lib files.  I have generated
.def and .lib using "dumpbin" and "lib" tools and compiled qtgstreamer
successfully.

When I try to run qtgstreamer examples (player, recorder, voip), I get
following errors.

*(player.exe:4232): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type
`GstOject'*
*(player.exe:4232): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result
!= 0'failed*
*(player.exe:4232): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_type_register_static:
assertionparent_type > 0' failed*
*(player.exe:4232): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion `result
!= 0'failed*
*(player.exe:4232): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: interface type
`GstImplementsInterfce' or prerequisite type `<invalid>' invalid*

I double checked that GST_PLUGIN_PATH is set correct. I have also cross
checked by successfully launching gst-launch on the same shell.
Please help me. Do I need to set anyother env variables?

Thanks
Dinesh P