rtp gstreamer receive in

xname root at xname.cc
Wed Aug 22 08:30:36 PDT 2012

Hello there,

I am trying to write a rtp stream receiver in C.
The reason I want the data to be received by an app is that I will apply
some processing on that.

the streamer (a gumstix) is running something more or less like:
gst-launch -v videotestsrc ! video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480 \
    ! TIVidenc1 codecName=h264enc engineName=codecServer ! rtph264pay pt=96 \
    ! udpsink host=192.168.10.4 port=4000

and the receiver from the command line works like this:

gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc port=4000 \
    caps='application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000,
encoding-name=(string)H264' \
    ! rtph264depay ! ffdec_h264 ! xvimagesink sync=false

===

I am building my C code on successive modifications from the audio player,
here is a non compiling version:
http://pastebin.com/d8bdjJPD

I don't think I am too far but it is not quite right yet,
when running from the command line the host needs to be started first,
so something similar here ...

Thanks in advance,
Eleonora