Compiling gst-plugins-gl (was re: Offscreen rendering and SDL)

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 10:36:54 PDT 2012

On Fri, 2012-08-24 at 10:01 -0700, Eamon Caddigan wrote:

> >> I'm trying to compile gst-plugins-gl, and I get
> >> errors stemming from the lack of a 'config.h'.

Could you describe the exact steps you took from git clone until you got
the error? That way we don't have to guess what you may or may not have
done :)

> > "config.h" is usually generated by the "configure" script -- have you run that?
>
> Thanks for the reply! I grabbed the code off of git, and was surprised
> that it didn't use autoconf. I'm following the directions for cmake,
> which is new to me.

It does use autoconf.

  git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-gl
  cd gst-plugins-gl
  git checkout -b 0.10 origin/0.10
  ./autogen.sh; make

Should work.