how to output rtp stream from a wav file by gstreamer pipeline

Emile Semmes emile.semmes at e6group.com
Sun Aug 26 21:44:55 PDT 2012

If your wav file is basically uncompressed audio (LPCM), if you take the
src pad from wavparse, you can payload it as L16 audio. For example:

filesrc ! wavparse ! rtpL16pay ! udpsink

You'll have to play with that pipeline a bit, but it should be enough to
get you started. Especially since you're streaming from a file, you'll
need to make sure you throttle it so the file seems like a live source
and it doesn't send it as fast as possible.

Also, VLC probably won't know the stream unless you provide it an .sdp
file with the media and payload defined in it.

HTH,
Emile

--
Emile Semmes