Regarding rtmpsrc

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Tue Aug 28 11:39:14 PDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 6:25 AM, devendra dhanal
<devendradhanal at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi ,
> I have several doubts and questions as follows .
>
> 1) I read the article of compiling the gstreamer programs which uses bad
> plugins,  using pkg-config which says the pkg-config have to refer to
> "gstreamer-plugins-bad-0.10" but on my system when i reviewed the list of
> all known packages to the pkg-config it doesnt show me "
> gstreamer-plugins-bad-0.10 " . does this mean tht gstreamer-plugin-bad is
> not prperly installed on my machine ?  (when i use bad plugins using
> gst-launch the pipeline works fine though )

This means that your search path is not the same as the path expected by
gstreamer. You are probably running some variant of fedora. Here is a link
that explains the situation.
http://wingolog.org/archives/2011/03/18/usrlocal-fedora-rpath-foo
Here is a link that explains a possible solution. However, I don't like
this solution and am also still looking for a reliable one.
http://wingolog.org/archives/2011/03/18/usrlocal-fedora-rpath-foo#b2aa29e8a5516533f5fef47109d9ad72d7de9284