http input http output

michael galebprint at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 01:26:16 PDT 2012

Hi there people

I have a small project that i need for school start in few days.......

Anyway, we have few HD survailance cameras that are around the school and
are streaming in 720p and 8Mb/s over http. We are able to see them over VLC
and other players.. One of them also has audio so maybe audio can also be
included in this idea.

Anyway the point is:

as 8Mbit/s are really to much and also the resolution of 720p is to big for
School web portal, we need to transcode it to something like 1Mbit/s and
some lower resolution to have it on our school's web site...... Can it be
done with gstreamer? I mean this transcoding part......?? I am trying for 2
days now but without success... Can someone help??

Thank you in advance