'gst_bus_add_watch' not getting bus messages

deepthips deepthips at tataelxsi.co.in
Tue Dec 4 01:12:56 PST 2012

Hi

I am using 'gst_bus_add_watch' for monitoring bus messages. For a long time,
I had  an issue that the bus call function was not getting called. Tried
gst_bus_set_sync_handler as well. Then found the root issue to be a sleep in
the main function. Found that the sleep was causing a delay by which buscall
function was not getting invoked. Now, I have integrated this to a large
application and again I am not getting bus messages. Something like sleep or
some other loop may be causing this issue. But no idea on how to debug this.
Is there any mechanism by which I can get past this.? Is there any way by
which I can listen to bus messages without using 'gst_bus_add_watch' or
gst_bus_set_sync_handler . Both are not working.