Implementing a media player using Gstreamer: Mapping the STOPPED state

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 08:27:08 PST 2012

On Dec 4, 2012 7:20 PM, "Tim-Philipp Müller" <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 2012-12-04 at 17:00 +0530, Mandeep Sandhu wrote:

> Just to make sure: you are aware of uridecodebin / playbin(2), right?

Yes I am! :-)  its just that these bins were failing to pickup the correct
vendor provided elements for decoding and sinks. The vendor plugins reside
in a non-std path which I HV added to GST_PLUGIN_PATH env var. Though for
some reason these readymade bins are not picking up the custom elements (I
also want to mention that there are no conflicting elements in my setup,
which might cause the wrong plugin to get picked up).

Though I'll try this approach again and get back here with my findings.

Thanks,
-mandeep