Implementing a media player using Gstreamer: Mapping the STOPPED state

Mandeep Sandhu mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 01:31:43 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Mandeep Sandhu
<mandeepsandhu.chd at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I just run gst-instpect-0.10, it dumps all the available
> plugins/elements. And if I go through all the 'typefindfunctions',
> then there's no typefind registered for the caps type
> 'video/x-decoded-ismd'.
>
> Is this the reason why playbin/uridecodebin is not able to find the
> sink element to connect to?

So I managed to 'partially' fix problem. Now playbin2 is able to find
my proprietary plugins and plays out the video and audio. Though
uridecodebin still fails with a missing plugin error: No decoder
available for type 'video/x-decoded-ismd'

I have a hunch as to why this was not working before (not sure if that
is indeed the case as uridecodebin still fails to work).

I'm guessing this problem was due to a stale 'registry' file. So i
decided to delete this file and recreate it by running gst-inspect.
This recreated the file and playbin2 started working. Though I have no
idea why the same did not work for uridecodebin element. Any ideas?

HTH,
-mandeep