problem with mp4mux!

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 04:42:06 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-12-13 at 01:41 -0800, Raju wrote:

Hi,

> gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=/mnt/d_drive/streams/mpeg4_sample.mp4 !
> decodebin ! myelement_enc ! mp4mux ! filesink
> location=/mnt/d_drive/test/mux_sample_out_rst.mp4
>
> When I run the above command I am getting the following error msg during
> prerolling stage...
>
> ERROR: from element
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
> GStreamer encountered a general stream error.

This is missing the debug part of the error message. I'm guessing it
says something with "not-negotiated"?

> If I use avmux_mp4 instead of mp4mux, it works fine.
> What is the issue.

Are we supposed to guess what your myelement_enc does? What caps do you
output? You are probably either outputting things in a format not
supported by mp4mux (check gst-inspect-1.0 mp4mux ; or try qtmux), or
your encoder is outputting things in a stream-format that is not
supported by mp4mux (e.g. h264 in byte-stream format instead of AVC
format; insert an h264parse after your encoder then). Or your output
caps are missing some fields that mp4mux requires (again, check
gst-inspect-1.0 mp4mux).

Cheers
 -Tim