Problems building QtGStreamer release build on Windows

Chris Boucher chris at thebouchers.com
Thu Dec 13 05:43:45 PST 2012

Hi Dinesh,

Good to hear that it can work.

I tried your cmake command line, but I get the same results - no
import entries in the QtGStreamer DLLs - which means that they don't
load the gstreamer dlls and so I get a crash (access error) when I
call QGst::init(). All works fine for the debug builds, which is even
more confusing.

Here are the steps I used to build it (the QtGStreamer source is in a
directory called qtgstreamer):

md build-release
cd build-release

cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="C:/QtGStreamer/release"
-DQTGSTREAMER_STATIC=OFF -DBOOST_ROOT="C:/boost"
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="%GSTREAMER_SDK_ROOT_X86%"
-DUSE_GST_PLUGIN_DIR=OFF -DUSE_QT_PLUGIN_DIR=OFF ../qtgstreamer

cmake --build . --target install --config Release

How does that compare to your build?
Which version of Visual Studio are you using?

Many thanks,
Chris.