Problems building QtGStreamer release build on Windows

Chris Boucher chris at thebouchers.com
Thu Dec 13 07:20:04 PST 2012

Hi Dinesh,

The QtGStreamer release build isn't producing the gstreamer dlls, but
it is linking to them.

The QtGStreamer dlls are linked against the gstreamer ones, which
results in QtGStreamer dlls having an import section listing the
gstreamer dlls and functions required.

If you run "dumpbin /imports QtGlib.dll" (for example) you should see
sections for libgobject-2.0-0.dll and libglib-2.0-0.dll.

In my debug build these sections also list the functions required. In
my release build, the sections exist, but there are no functions
listed.

Thanks,
Chris.