plugin overview

Gary Thomas gary at mlbassoc.com
Fri Dec 14 11:44:59 PST 2012

On 2012-12-14 12:26, Peter Rennert wrote:
> Try to use plain gst-inspect-0.10 without arguments.
>
> That gives at least the installed plugins. If you are really desperate you can check the autogen.sh files in the plugin repositories/ folders and see what plugins they check for.
> Generally the documentation is within the git repositories, so you should have a documentation local for your version.

Sure, that works for things that have been installed.  However, I'm working
on a small embedded system and I can't afford to install every possible
plugin and what I'm looking for is the deeper inspection of the plugins
for their elements so I can install just the plugin I need.  For example,
I was trying to run a pipeline which includes the timeoverlay element.
How am I to guess that that element is actually in gst-plugins-base-pango?
That's what the [cool] overview page gets me.  Too bad it seems to no longer
be available for the older gstreamer-0.10 series...