Getting image buffer data from audio file tags.

Nox Deleo noxdeleo at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 18 10:53:18 PST 2012

I'm trying to pull the image tag data from an audio file. I can pull a
GstSample from the TagList, and a GstBuffer from that, but I don't know how
to get the data out of that into something I can use in Python. I found an
example (in the comments) here:
http://www.jezra.net/blog/use_python_and_gstreamer_to_get_the_tags_of_an_audio_file,
but I'm guessing it's for an older version of GStreamer since GstBuffer
doesn't seem to have a 'data' attribute in GStreamer 1.0.

I tried briefly to push the buffer into an appsrc->encoder->filesink
pipeline, but this segfaulted on me (I haven't read up on using appsrc, so
that's no surprise, but I'm hoping there's an easier way of doing this.