How to pause an individual queue?

mattes effemm at mykmk.com
Tue Dec 18 14:38:52 PST 2012

I have the following pipeline:

  filesrc -> avidemux -> queue -> mp4decoder -> videosink
                      -> queue -> aacdecoder -> audiosink

Everything plays back fine. I can pause playback fine, by sending
a GST_STATE_PAUSED to the pipeline. Playback stop and resumes once
I set the pipeline state back to GST_STATE_PLAYING.

How do I pause an individual queue/element?

I tried setting GST_STATE_PAUSED on audiosink and audio decoder,
but it pauses the entire pipeline. Meaning video playback and audio
playback stops. Resetting audiosync to GST_STATE_PLAYING and botyh
video and audio resume.

I like to either the audio chain or video chain.
I am obviously doing something wrong. What am I missing?

Is there a difference in behaviour between live and on demand?

Mat