[Alsasrc] System hang once disconnect the device, while pipeline is alive

Ralph ralph.gucwa at racelogic.co.uk
Thu Dec 20 04:58:16 PST 2012

> Now if i get the sound card removal event in time i set the pipeline state
> to null and everything works fine.

Can I ask what is this "sound card removal event"?  I have a similar problem
on Windows ( my question
<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/How-to-handle-disconnecting-the-headphones-td4657352.html>
) - when I disconnect the audio device, the pipeline stalls and it is not
possible to play it again.
How can I detect situations when an audiosink's device has been disabled or
disconnected?  I will have no problem reconfiguring the pipeline to allow
playback, but I need to know when it happens.