gst-launch tab-completion!

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 01:30:43 PST 2012

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 6:54 PM, David Röthlisberger <david at rothlis.net> wrote:
> On 20 Dec 2012, at 20:09, Stirling Westrup wrote:
>> This is great, but I should point out that under Debian, I have 3
>> versions of gst-launch and gst-inspect, because I have both v 0.10 and
>> v1.0 installed.
>>
>> gst-launch and gst-inspect are symlinked to gst-launch-0.1 and
>> gst-inspect-0.1, and I also have gst-launch-1.0 and gst-inspect-1.0.
>> This is necessary if one is trying to make a backward compatible
>> gstreamer app.  It would be nice if your completions could handle
>> this.
>

> In what way does the completion script not handle your setup?

You have two scripts with the same name, one for v1.0, one for v0.1.
Installing both means renaming them, and I assumed that would break
things. As well, its not clear if these completion scripts will work
when I invoke gst-inspect-1.0 rather than just gst-inspect, although I
admit I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

--
Stirling Westrup
Programmer, Entrepreneur.