record issue sound very low

Claude Vittoria claude.vittoria at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 11:55:41 PST 2012

Hi!

I m discovering gstreamer to record audio and I got an issue. I m looking
for an explication.

I tried a test
gst-launch -e pulsesrc
device="alsa_input.usb-Samson_Technologies_Samson_UB1-00-UB1.analog-stereo"
! audioconvert ! audioresample ! pulsesink
device="alsa_output.pci-0000_00_04.0.analog-stereo"

and it works very well, good sound in the headphone

but
gst-launch -e alsasrc
device="alsa_input.usb-Samson_Technologies_Samson_UB1-00-UB1" ! queue !
audioconvert ! \
  ffenc_ac3 ! filesink location=audio.mp3

the mp3 is not audible, the sound comes from far far far distance as the
mic was not amplified.

I tried to modify the settings through the gnome sound applet, alsamixer,
pavucontrol without result

What I do not understand in the pipeline concept ?

I work with a debian sid.
$gst-launch --version
gst-launch-0.10 version 0.10.36
GStreamer 0.10.36