Help me to change x264enc parameter dynamically

safa vakili safa_vakili at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 12:39:41 PST 2012

Dear All,

I am a PhD student and I am working on "multimedia QoE management". To look into the results of my proposed algorithm I have decided to implement it through gstreamer.
I need to change the Quantization Parameter after the streaming starts. According to the NEWS in "GStreamer Ugly Plugins 0.10.18", this version "allows changing the bitrate and quantitizers dynamically".
I use "g_object_set(G_OBJECT(myencoder), "quantizer", newQP, NULL);" to reset the QP; but nothing happens. I am not expert in gstreamer programing.
As I have found you expert in this field, I really appreciate if you could help me in this regard.

Thank you and best regards.
Ahmad