Playbin2: run-time decoder change

mick_coracin mick.coracin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 04:01:58 PST 2012

Hi all,

Is it possible, with playbin2, to change the URI property of an already
created pipeline and update decoding elements acordingly?

I mean, I would like to play a generic media playlist, containing any kind
of files (video, audio, image...), and I would like to play all of them
without recreating a complete pipeline, but just setting URI property for
the new file, and let porbing and pipeling reconfiguration happen.

Does Playbin2 support that, or do I need to destroy the pipeline and
recreate it for each file?

Does the uri set property work when all files are of same type?

Thanks and regards,
Michael