Simulation live file source

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 07:26:19 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-02 at 16:10 +0100, Stefan Sauer wrote:
> > Here the filesrc should act as a live src.
>
> cat 704x576_i420_long.yuv | gst-launch fdsrc ! videoparse ....

I don't think this will work - how would the throttling be done
according to the desired timestamps?

To force a filesrc to operate in push mode, either do:

  filesrc location=xyz ! queue ! ...

or use:

  pushfile:///path/to/xyz ! ...

You might be able to achieve something similar to what you want using:

 filesrc location=foo.yuv ! videoparse ! identity sync=true ! ...

This probably won't do any latency reporting, so you'd need to set the
sinks to sync=false then or adjust the max-lateness.

 Cheers
  -Tim