videorate

strider4102 strider4102 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 13:30:52 PST 2012

I'm trying to get a videorate to duplicate frames, but it only does this
while it is actively receiving data. When data stops coming in (for example,
when I pull the ethernet out of the IP camera I'm using as a source), it
stops duplicating frames. How can I get it to continue to spit frames out
while waiting for the connection to come back? (Idea is to eventually
overlay an 'attempting to reconnect message' without the client losing their
connection) Pipeline:

souphttpsrc ! multipartdemux ! jpegdec ! videorate ! video/x-raw-yuv,
framerate=24/1 ! appsink

Side question: Can I limit framerate without committing to a particular data
type?