Can I add a new pad to a element in playing state?

kevin kelly go4save at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 23:08:32 PST 2012

I need create a new src pad to handle some special streams when my element is
already in the playing state.

I can create a src pad and call gst_pad_set_active () for this new pad.

but when I call gst_element_add_pad() after I successfully called
gst_pad_set_active (), the call of gst_element_add_pad() never returns, so
later when I call gst_pad_push() in another task, it will fail and the
reason is (-2) pad in wrong state.

would anybody explain why gst_element_add_pad() failed?

thanks