PlayBin2: Setting source without "source-setup"

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Thu Feb 9 12:27:51 PST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-09 at 14:43 -0300, Damián Nohales wrote:

> Is there a way to setting up the PlayBin2 source (proxy, user-agent,
> etc) without using "source-setup" signal?
>
> This is because I need to support GStreamer since 0.10.20 and
> "source-setup" signal is supported since 0.10.33.

You can use the "notify::source" signal, which is the old way of doing
things. See the GObject documentation for the callback signature for the
notify signal.

In the callback you can g_object_get(playbin2,"source", &src, NULL) the
source element created and configure it. Don't forget the
gst_object_unref (src); at the end.

Cheers
 -Tim