text overlay

kususe kususe at interfree.it
Mon Feb 13 05:53:46 PST 2012

I installed a Linux distro on VM and all works.
Some days ago, I installed some packets about gstreamer and probably I made
a mess, causing a packet conflict.
Now, I have another question.

I wanna implement the text overlay, without using playbin, but reading
strings by a file and displaying them on the screen (I need modify their
alignment..).
I start from a mpeg file. I demux it into two queue (audio and video) wich
ends up into their respective sinks.
If I want to use the textoverlay, have I create another queue? If yes, what
element should I insert in it?
Is the text overlay sink equal to the video one?
I attempted to set up the text to display, simple using the parameter
"text", but naturally it doesn't work, because something is wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Francesco