Fwd: Video Wall with Gstreamer

Jacques Dirac jacquesdirac at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 03:47:31 PST 2012

Hi,

GStreamer is a great tool, which I want to use for creating a video
wall like Zeeshan Ali did in his article
(http://www.linux-1u.net/X11/Quad/gstreamer.net/video-wall-howto.html).
I'm using some small
embedded x86 boards, each attached to 1 monitor.

The article is 10 years old, so maybe some features in GStreamer are
obsolete by now. I'm using version 0.10.30 (shipped with Debian
Squeeze). So my question is: how to make it work now a days?

My client line is:

gst-launch udpsrc ! mpegdemux video_%02d! { queue ! mpeg2dec !
videocrop x=0 y=0 width=160 height=120 ! videoscale width=640
height=480 ! colorspace ! fbdevsink }

(Using fbdevsink instead of xvideo_sink.) This gives:

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "video_%02d"

Can you help me solving this issue?

Best regards,
Jacques.