gst-rtsp-server

timothybean timothy.bean at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 13:11:15 PST 2012

Hello there,

I have two questions about gst-rtsp-server.

Is it possible for the server to start encoding the video as soon as the
pipe is created? From the debug output, it looks as if it does not start the
pipe until the first request comes in from a user. I would like for the pipe
to be running continuously and then when a client requests the stream it is
ready to go. The streams are live streams.

Also, is it possible to have "dual" streams? I would like one at a high
bitrate and full resolution and another at a lower bitrate and lower
resolution. These would both be live streams, constantly playing.

Thanks for any help in the right direction.

Thanks

Tim