Gstreamer resets streaming when changing tracks or during pauses in playlists

radiorob media at openbroadcaster.com
Mon Feb 20 21:02:10 PST 2012

Looking for some sample code using gstreamer serving to an icecast mount
point that shows a continuous stream (uninterrupted) while changing tracks
and allowing for blank spots of silence between tracks while our system
sends it updated different content and playlists.  The content and playlists
are known to be stable and supported.

The problem we are having is that the stream will reset itself.

if the media is stopped... we need to keep it all running regardless because
sometimes there is a slight pause at the end of a scheduled playlist or
between tracks.

Thank-you in advance for any assistance.

Rob

www.openbroadcaster.com