MP4 files ... problem with new gstreamer release

Mauro Duratec.RS at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 09:09:08 PST 2012

Hi all,

I've updated my gstreamer build with the new gstreamer release from
2012-02-21 and now some of my .mp4 files don't display image. (only sound)
After a bit of investigation, I found out that .mp4 files that have the
video stream in the first stream inside the container, they all play 100%.
But if the video stream is in the second stream (after the audio) the .mp4
files don't display image.
Besides testing this with my custom pipeline I also tested with playbin2 and
the same problem occurs.

I think that qtdemux is responsible for mp4 container parsing right? Is it a
bug in this release? Or do I have to change something in my code?

With the previous release I don't have any problems.

Thanks in advance for all the help you can provide.