Timing out problem with souphttpsrc

Ian Daley ian at nian.com.au
Sun Feb 26 10:00:37 PST 2012

Hi there,

thanks for all the help so far... I think I have nearly got to the
bottom of it

Now however, I have a problem with souphttpsrc and it just timing out
(without error)

If you see the pipeline below... well it works and I am able to capture
the output reliably to a pipe except for one thing...

After about 5 minutes, (usually between 5 to 7 minutes) the pipeline
just hangs. No errors, no feedback... it doesn't even say it has
paused... it just stops.

gst-launch  souphttpsrc timeout=300 location="http://<ip
removed>/videostream.asf?user=admin&pwd=&resolution=24&rate=0"
do-timestamp=true is_live=true ! queue max-size-buffers=0 ! asfdemux
name=demux demux.audio_00 ! queue ! adpcmdec ! queue ! audioconvert !
faac ! queue ! mux. demux.video_00 ! queue ! jpegdec ! queue !
ffmpegcolorspace ! videorate ! 'video/x-raw-yuv,framerate=5/1' ! queue !
x264enc byte-stream=true bitrate=256 ! queue ! mux. flvmux name="mux" !
queue max-size-buffers=0 ! filesink location="/tmp/pipeV"

I have tested this by catting the output and without fail it gets to
around the 5 ~ 6 minute mark and then just stalls with no feedback.

If I remove the audio queue, it doesn't stall.

Any thoughts? Ideas?

Last piece of the puzzle.

Kind Regards

Ian