What is the Correct Way to Use the Append Property of Filesink Element?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Sun Feb 26 12:06:01 PST 2012

Am 25.02.2012 23:50, schrieb wlm014:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to use the append property of the filesink element to append
> video to the end of a file.  I use this pipeline to first make the video
> file:
>
> gst-launch videotestsrc num-buffers=200 pattern=snow ! x264enc ! avimux !
> filesink location="c:\\naiob\\video.avi"
>
> Then I use this pipeline to append to the file:
>
> gst-launch videotestsrc num-buffers=200 ! x264enc ! avimux ! filesink
> location="c:\\naiob\\video.avi" append=true

Then you have two independent avi files in one file. Concatenating two files is
not a streaming operation that gstreamer can do you you. Concatenating mediafile
would only work in corner cases (lot of things need to be identical and then the
muxer would need to remux the existing file). It would be nice to support this,
but it would require substatial work.

Stefan