NooB Q. - controlling a remote gstreamer app

art vanderhoff gstream at ccc2.com
Sun Feb 26 19:52:46 PST 2012

Thx Michael & Sean,

Firstly thanks for the detail on the answer Sean, it is appreciated. However
I disagree on the relevance topic. A lot of media frameworks have built in
communication and/or data control streams and given the depth of support and
customization around GST I was not prepared to rule out the existence of a
module or plugin already available.

That being said, I will breakdown your suggestions on libsoup etc, seems the
most logical. The app itself will be talking only to other VPS's on the same
master machine so security will be in the mid layer.

Should I find a solution I will feed back a plugin if possible to the
community.

Again thanks for the level of breakdown and links to starting points.

Art.