How to 'set_window_handle' to 'xvimagesink' on Python?

Michele Corazza xmickyz at live.it
Mon Feb 27 06:01:38 PST 2012

I know that my video sink is xvimagesink, then I don't need to bother with the
'prepare-xwindow-id' messages at all, but I wish to set the 'window_handle' on
the 'xvimagesink' element directly, once only, before start up the pipeline.

How do this in Python? Please help Me!

The pipeline of my application:
<<<
        player = gst.element_factory_make('playbin2', 'player')
        bus = player.get_bus()
        bus.add_signal_watch()
        bus.connect('message', self.newBusMessage)

        sink = gst.element_factory_make('xvimagesink', 'videosink')
        sink.set_property('force-aspect-ratio', True)
        sink.set_property('handle-expose', True)
        sink.set_property('sync', True)

        player.set_property('video-sink', sink)